Trustworthy Representation for Texas State Crimes
Aggressive service for a variety of state crime issues
In addition to the services I provide for federal crimes, I also represent clients for numerous state crimes. Through my firm, Kevin L. Collins, P.C. I have more than 27 years of experience as a prosecutor and a defense lawyer. Take advantage of this unique combination of skills and experience and allow me to fight for you. Trust in me to relentlessly fight for you and obtain the best possible result.
The various crimes covered under state law
According to reports from the Texas Department of Public Safety, crime has been slowly decreasing in the state. As a criminal defense lawyer in San Antonio, I represent clients in a wide variety of state crimes. Here are some of the cases I take:
- Arson: Arson is the malicious burning or exploding of a building. There are different degrees of arsons. They typically become federal crimes when there are multiple deaths involved or if a government building is burned. Otherwise, most arsons fall under the jurisdiction of the state courts.
- Kidnapping: This is the seizing and taking away of a person by force, against his or her will. Kidnapping laws mostly fall under state jurisdiction, unless a person is carried across state lines, in which case it becomes a federal crime.
- Theft: Theft is a criminal act in which a person takes another person’s property without his or her consent. Most thefts are simple cases with small amounts of money or assets taken, and they are prosecuted in state courts. Large amounts of money or complicated theft crimes may fall under federal jurisdiction.
- Resisting with violence: This crime is the act of resisting arrest by committing violence against law enforcement officers.
- False imprisonment: This type of crime refers to a person being confined against his or her will in a way that violates that person’s right to be free from any type of restraint.
Each of these types of cases has their own unique sets of considerations. I have a thorough understanding of the laws governing each type of case and leverage that knowledge to help you.
Contact Kevin L. Collins, P.C. today for representation
For more information about defending against state crime charges or to schedule a consultation, please contact Kevin L. Collins, P.C. today online or at 210-598-8629. Allow me to fight for you throughout the entire legal process to protect your constitutional rights and give you the second chance that you deserve.