San Antonio White Collar Crimes Attorney Provides High-Quality Criminal Defense
Protect your reputation with the help of an experienced lawyer
When you face charges for a white collar crime, you face consequences beyond potential prison or fines. Even if you are found not guilty, you could face career and personal disgrace. As a dedicated criminal defense lawyer, it is my goal to help you avoid these consequences. Through my firm, Kevin L. Collins, P.C., I have more than 27 years of legal experience on the defense and prosecution side of law. Trust my skills to help you meet these charges and return to a normal life.
White collar crime covers a variety of legal areas
Although white collar crime prosecution across the United States has declined slightly, law enforcement officials take these cases very seriously. As a federal criminal attorney, I provide criminal defense representation for people charged with many different white collar crimes, which include:
- Fraud: This crime uses deception for personal gain or to damage another person or company. In some cases, fraud can be considered a felony, and people convicted of fraud may be subject to imprisonment, major fines and/or probation. Types of fraud include:
- Tax fraud: Also known as tax evasion, tax fraud occurs when a person or company purposefully underpays taxes.
- Mail fraud: This refers to any fraud committed through the mail. An example would be a person paying for a product and either never receiving that product or receiving something completely different than advertised.
- Wire fraud: This crime is similar to mail fraud but involves the use of electronics, such as the Internet, computers or phones.
- Embezzlement: This crime is the theft of money or property by a person trusted with responsibility for those assets. It most commonly occurs when an employee manipulates accounting records to conceal that he or she is stealing from a company. If a certain amount of money is stolen, the embezzlement becomes a felony.
- Other financial crimes: These crimes include credit card fraud, mortgage fraud, medical fraud, forgery, money laundering, counterfeiting, bribery, identity theft and more.
Contact a San Antonio lawyer for strong representation
For more information about the various types of white collar crime or to arrange a consultation, please call Kevin L. Collins, P.C. at 210.598.8629, or contact me online. Take advantage of my unique experience in both prosecution and defense to tenaciously advocate for you and obtain a settlement in your favor.