San Antonio Drug Possession Lawyer Handles State Drug Crime Cases
Representation for charges including possession, distribution and intent to sell
Certain drug crimes fall under state jurisdiction, but still come with serious penalties. At Kevin L. Collins, P.C. I use my 27 years of experience as a prosecutor and defense attorney to determine the best defense strategy. I am relentless in pursuing courtroom success, and use an aggressive litigation style to ensure you receive a fair, high-quality defense.
Representation for numerous types of drug charges
There are a variety of drug charges prosecuted at the state level. These include:
- Dealing: Drug dealing involves exchanging drugs for money. When a person is caught dealing drugs, he or she faces state criminal charges.
- Selling: Drug selling, as opposed to drug dealing, does not have to occur on a regular basis, but is a state crime nonetheless.
- Use: The act of using drugs is a state offense. Penalties can vary depending on the type of drug.
- Possession with intent to distribute: This type of state crime deals with large amounts of drugs. A person charged with this crime faces serious charges, including imprisonment and major fines.
- Trafficking: Drug trafficking is the process of shipping drugs from location to location. It becomes a federal drug crime when it involves interstate trafficking and extremely large amounts of drugs.
- Selling prescription drugs: Selling prescription drugs to others is a crime, regardless of whether or not there is nefarious intent, and even though these drugs are legal.
In many drug crimes, the penalties a person faces depend on the type and amount of drug involved. For example, drug crimes involving cocaine, heroin or methamphetamines carry much more serious punishments than a drug crime involving marijuana. However, trafficking of marijuana carries more serious punishments than use of cocaine. Your San Antonio drug crimes attorney can provide you with more information.
Contact me today for further information
If you require further information about the defense of state drug crimes and the severity of your charges, please call Kevin L. Collins, P.C. at 210.598.8629 or contact me online. I am happy to answer any questions you have. Allow me to leverage my skills and experience to help you.